Functional Overview: Coordinates catering needs and supplies for HRA-NCA in-person events. Approximate time commitment: 2-3 hours per month.
Reports to: President Elect. Works closely with Chapter Management. Supports VP Programs, VP Membership, VP Education, VP Legal Affairs and Compliance, and other board members and directors as needed.
- Identify and establish relationships and accounts with local caterers, and/or negotiate sponsorships for in-kind exchanges
- Order or purchase food, beverages, and desserts as needed for in-person events (average 2-3 events per month from September through June), giving attention to budget for each event, as well as specific requirements for each event (e.g., time of day, meal style and setup, veg options or special needs, alcohol, etc.)
- Ensures order selections satisfy event requirements, are accurate, and within approved budget for event
- Ensures effective communication with board member who is hosting the event
- Arranges for pre-payment where necessary, or directs invoices to Chapter Office for processing
- May attend in-person events to assist event volunteer staff as needed to oversee setup and cleanup of meals, insuring sufficient portions and supplies
Must be an HRA-NCA member in good standing (SHRM membership is not required)
Must be willing to attend various in-person events for the chapter (at no cost)
Must be willing to serve a one-year term (season begins on July 1)
Additional team members may be engaged as needed