HRA-NCA Legislative Mission Statement
- Promote an understanding of current HR public policy to our membership
- Communicate public policy alerts and SHRM policy and position statements to all HRA-NCA members
- Increase value to organizations through awareness and participation in the legislative process
- Encourage employees to become active
- Partner with the Governmental Affairs Department to achieve the strategic public policy objectives of the HR profession.
- Partner with the SHRM Governmental Affairs staff to develop and implement a public policy agenda and goals for your chapter.
- Serve as the key contact for all public policy activities for the chapter.
- Monitor and evaluate pending state and local public policy issues that may impact the HR profession.
- Work with Governmental Affairs staff to prepare and distribute regular summaries and status reports of pending public policy issues to your chapter members.
- Assist chapters in developing and hosting regular legislative activities.
- Incorporate public policy activities into each of your chapter programs such as offering brief public policy updates, demonstrations on using HRVoice, or hosting elected officials at one of your chapter meetings.
Disclaimer: This Website does not provide legal or other professional services. This Website is made available by the Chapter for educational purposes only as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of the law, not to provide specific legal advice. By using this Website you understand that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the Website publisher or those who submitted articles to the Website. The Website should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.